• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a power of attorney for her Mother give consent so her Mother can have sex with her boyfriend at the Memory Care unit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I know I have old posts here somewhere. I don't remember what the posts said.
You had in previous threads posted about abuse and neglect and you wondered what you should do. You were told to report all suspected abuse/neglect.

violas

Update; I have returned to work and the male resident has been kicked out of the facility. My work friend and other workers at the job did report all of the findings they observed to the executive director of the facility.

quincy

Update; I have returned to work and the male resident has been kicked out of the facility. My work friend and other workers at the job did report all of the findings they observed to the executive director of the facility.
Thank you for the update, violas.

I am glad to hear that your work friend and other workers at the job reported what they saw, as the law requires, and that action was taken to protect the vulnerable resident.

FarmerJ

Until the resident has in a court had her guardianship of her self taken away and someone else is appointed to be her legal guardian no one can make that decision for her , she can be encouraged/ verbally cued to make good choices by staff and family and staff can intervene when needed to keep her from committing SIB or harming another staff or resident. If a mandated reporter feels that a initial report to a employer has not shown a more positive result , then I would encourage the mandated reporter to by pass the employer and make a report to the state ombudsmans office for vulnerable adults.

quincy

Florida has a central abuse hotline which mandated reporters can use to report observed or suspected abuse or neglect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">