• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an Easement Agreement if worded so the Dominant Tenant is responsible for taxes in the Easement area be enforceable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robin59

What is the name of your state? Florida

The Dominant Tenant had a well put in the access area he is afforded by the state of Florida for ingress and egress only and against my verbally telling the Well Company and the Well Permitting Office, that the well was was happening on the wrong property, even before the permit was issued. I have had the area around the Dominant Tenant's property re-surveyed and have the proof that the well is on my property.

I know I could go to court and ask the court to order it filled but, this family needs the well and cannot afford to have another one dug. I would like to allow it to stay where it is, but I do not feel I should have to suffer the tax increase that will be a result of doing so.

Robin59

My mortgage company will not authorize me to sell him the 10.5 12 ft where the well so there really is no way to settle this by suing at this point, other that ask the judge to order the well filled. My question was if a Legal Easement were to be offered and accepted by the Dominant Tenant with his being responsible for the taxes could that hold up in court if I needed to sue him for not paying the taxes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">