• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Anybody help my wife and I

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My 13 year old sister currently lives with my wifes birth parents . Currently her birth dad is unemployed and her birth mother is on disability. There house is filthy, they have 10 chickens, 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 sugar gliders and there house smells horribly. The house has clean and dirty clothes all over the floor mixed together. And rats and roaches. They hit her and pull her by her hair. I feel so bad for her. She called child protective services on them once before when they lived in Florida. The social worker came out one day and told them they had 30 days to clean the place up and she would return. However, she never came back and they have now moved to Kansas. Should I call child protective services in Kansas?

more info on me

I am 22 and my wife is 20 we have been married for 3 years. I have 2 kids that are 16 months and 3 months. My wife is a stay at home mom, and I am correctional officer. We have a 3 bedroon 2 bath house and the boys can share a room and she can have her own room!


Queen Bee
How does your sister live with your in-laws? And when was your wife adopted? When was your sister adopted? And if a child is being abused why wouldn't you call CPS?


Senior Member
Answer the question , why wouldn't you call CPS ?

CPS ( the State ) removes children from such squalor , and charges the adult .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential