• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anyone help me understand this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Pennsylvania. my wife and i are currently apart from one another. we have not filed for divorce yet but i recieved a paper in the mail from the court of common pleas of the 39th judicial district pennsylvania-franklin county branch stating that she has temporary custody of our 3 month old son. i thought that you could not do that untill the divorce paperwork was established. if anyone could enlighten me it would be greatly appriciated.


Senior Member
stealth2 said:
I'd bet that SHE's filed.
While I agree with this I also wonder how she got temporary custody without a hearing to determine such. And withouth him being notified properly.


Junior Member
well she told me that she would be but everyone i talked to said that she couldn't because we were still married and told me not to worry. but now i got that paperwork i dont know what to do


Senior Member
Parties do not have to be divorced to get an Order .

You are apart , and apparently She went down to the Court , filed , and was granted a Temporary Custody Order .

There should be further proceedings that you will be notified of .

You should Consult with a Family Law Attorney in your area .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential