• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can anyone help me with this? Hold on account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mybankstinks

What is the name of your state? New York
I declared bankruptcy and recieved my discharge (Chapter 7-no assets).
A creditor got a judgement and put a hold on my bank account before this was done. The bank manager at the time told me that I had to show that the debt was discharged by the court where the judgement was filed. So I recieved a Certification of Discharge on this judgement and debt from the Court where it was filed (after demonstrating-through a certified Bankruptcy discharge listing this debt and case as part of my bankruptcy proceeding).
Now the bank tells me that the creditor has to send them a statement releasing me from this hold on my account! Can this be correct!? And should that creditor have automatically released my account when the finalization of my bankruptcy was served to them?
Somebody please help me with this. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">