• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can buyers enter a home without an agent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I can't find any statistics on the issue. But I don't know anyone that has used a buyer's agent and my circle of acquaintances isn't small and has purchased a lot of homes.

Yep, 87% of 2017 sales.
It's 89% of sellers who use an agent and 87% of buyers who use an agent, according to the National Association of Realtors, 2018:
https://www.nar.realtor/research-and-statistics/quick-real-estate-statistics

What is not common are dual agents, who work for both the seller and the buyer on the same transaction, for reasons that should be apparent. :)

HRZ

If the property is currently insured I'm not sure what your risks are to allow liberal access to the buyer ...but YOUR agent should be on top of things ...buyer should not be changing things or moving things in or living there prior to,closing.....90% common sense?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">