• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can employers change Holiday Schedule midyear?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharky

What is the name of your state? CA

all employees were emailed a 2006 Holiday Schedule at the beginning of the year. It included 9 holidays. This week they revised it and we only have 4. Can they do that? One of the holidays they reneged on is President's Day which is only 5 days away. If I've already commited to plans based on the original holiday schedule do I have to use a sick day? Any help would be great. Everyone is very upset how upper management handled this.

Beth3

Yes, they can do that. Unless you work for a branch of the government or in the banking industry, your employer doesn't have to offer any paid holidays to begin with. I agree that what your employer did was not the wisest employee relations move and I expect your management knows that. It sounds as though they may have an urgent need to reduce operating/S&A costs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">