• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can "Failure Fail To Yield Emergency Vehicle" and "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" be considered a crime of moral turpitude?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I didn't her the police siren as my car's radio volume was high, and also didn't see the red/blue light because, I guess police car was not close enough and it was day time.
Can "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" and "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" be considered a crime of moral turpitude?
Its in MISSOURI.

quincy

You have the magic touch, Zigner. My second link doesn't seem to be working for me either.

I can't tell you whether the offenses are crimes of moral turpitude. I don't think that they qualify, though. What are the citation numbers?

I was arrested and charged with a criminal offense.
1) "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" - Misdemeanor A
2) "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" - Misdemeanor B

quincy

I was arrested and charged with a criminal offense.
1) "Failure Fail To Yield To Emergency Vehicle" - Misdemeanor A
2) "Exceeded Posted Speed Limit by 30+" - Misdemeanor B
How would you like another link? :)

This link is actually the one I should have provided first but I didn't take the time to do anything more than a quick Google search earlier. This is to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services site:

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartF-Chapter5.html

Generally, traffic offenses will not be considered crimes of moral turpitude unless more is involved (e.g., injury, hit and run, flight from police).

You will want to consult with an immigration lawyer before pleading guilty to the misdemeanors or accepting any plea deal that might be offered to you.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">