• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can FL State Attorney charge 21 yr old boyfriend with rape of 15 yr old girlfriend if pregnant and they get married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yes it is. A young girl was raped and her parents and friend of parents don't give a damn.
I’m sorry that you feel the way that you do. Her parents and friend most certainly DO give a darn. None of us are happy that the two of them made the decisions that they did. But what is done is done... no one can change that now. Looking forward and promoting the best life possible for these 2 young people and their baby is what we are looking to do. What good would it do for dad to go to jail and be labeled a sex offender really do in helping anything in this situation? We can’t see anything positive happening. What would happen is dad would then lose the majority of his ability to keep or obtain good jobs in the future. That would seriously hurt mommy and baby. It’s just sad all the way around.

quincy

I’m sorry that you feel the way that you do. Her parents and friend most certainly DO give a darn. None of us are happy that the two of them made the decisions that they did. But what is done is done... no one can change that now. Looking forward and promoting the best life possible for these 2 young people and their baby is what we are looking to do. What good would it do for dad to go to jail and be labeled a sex offender really do in helping anything in this situation? We can’t see anything positive happening. What would happen is dad would then lose the majority of his ability to keep or obtain good jobs in the future. That would seriously hurt mommy and baby. It’s just sad all the way around.
It is sad. But the law is designed to prevent the exploitation of children.

Does obstruction of justice mean anything to you? Frustrating the efforts of the state to enforce the laws is obstruction
As I am not in the legal field, I have no clue what Obstruction of Justice meant until you clarified and explained. I appreciate your explanation. Thank you.

Then why were you looking into moving the child to another state to protect childs rapist?
The two of them consented, regardless of her age.... and yes he was VERY wrong. But none the less, she was not brutally and forcefully raped. I understand and agree with the the statuatory rape laws. I understand that due to her age the law considers this rape.
Dad is ‘young minded’, emotionally immature. I am taking that into consideration in this situation. Dad is not a pedafile who stalks little girls. He too is emotionally her age.
Moms parents nor myself would EVER protect a rapist. The two of them made a very bad choice. What’s done is done. What good will come out of sending dad to jail. Mom and baby will then have no husband nor father in their life.
It’s just horribly sad all the way around

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Um... Because he is a pervert child rapist who will leave this one for another child, and he should be labelled as the sick puppy he is?

Just Blue

The two of them consented, regardless of her age.... and yes he was VERY wrong. But none the less, she was not brutally and forcefully raped. I understand and agree with the the statuatory rape laws. I understand that due to her age the law considers this rape.
Dad is ‘young minded’, emotionally immature. I am taking that into consideration in this situation. Dad is not a pedafile who stalks little girls. He too is emotionally her age.
Moms parents nor myself would EVER protect a rapist. The two of them made a very bad choice. What’s done is done. What good will come out of sending dad to jail. Mom and baby will then have no husband nor father in their life.
Krista. She is a child. She can not consent to sex. He raped her. She is FIFTEEN! FIFTEEN! She can't consent to having sex with a TWENTYONE year old man. You and the "mother" of this rape victim are despicable.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Legally she was not in a position to consent. Her "consent" is not a legal defense. We are not even talking about a situation that would be covered under any state's Romeo/Juliette law - he's more than 5 years older than her!

While she was not brutalized, as an adult, the onus is on him to keep it in his pants. If he were an honorable man, he would have waited until she was old enough to consent.

No. This is not "emotionally immature" behavior. I have plenty of experience with what emotionally immature behavior looks like. "Emotionally immature " does not means going after younger people, it means being interested in relationships with people your age, but having no clue.

Even if you are "emotionally immature", if you have any brains, you realize when you turn 18 that "S***! They can try me as an adult!" if you persist in your "emotionally immature" illegal behavior(s).

justalayman

I agree... but she did.
I don’t care if she stripped down and said give it to me daddy. In law her age means she cannot legally consent to having sex therefore the activity was rape. This is what many people call statutory rape which means even if she did agree to have sex, the statutes criminalize his actions. It has nothing to do with her agreeing to have sex.

quincy

The bottom line is that the 21 year old will want a criminal defense attorney. The 21 year old should say nothing to the police.

Family and friends can help the 15 year old through her pregnancy and provide support for the young girl once the baby is born.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">