• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Grandparents take us to court for "grandparental rights"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrs.jimmyg

What is the name of your state? Texas
Hy husbands parents are threatening to take us to court for what they are calling their "grandparental rights". Is there such a thing and if so what exactly are their rights. His son, has never been forbidden to see or call them, he just doesn't. He is 14 years old and active in sports at school. By the time he gets home he just wants to do his homework and "chill" and doesn't even think about calling them. Are we supposed to make him do it? I don't know what the problem is as he has spent several weekends over the summer with them. Now all of the sudden they have this idea that they have some kind of rights that we aren't abiding by...Are we just stupid? Or are they?

M

mrs.jimmyg

thank you very much....

I went to the site and got the info I needed....thank you for your help.....need more people like all of you on here....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">