• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Green Card Holder work out of U.S. more than a year?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michellewong

Ohio

I am a green card holder. The company I am working at right now, they want to relocate me to work in China for a year or two. The job would requirement me to travel China and U.S. frequently, but most of time of the job will stay in China. I understand that GC holder should not stay out of country more than 6 months. But my situation is employeed by american company, and paying u.s. taxes, but working in China.

I would like to hear your professional opinions on it.

thanks,

Michelle Wong

evcalyptos

michellewong said:
Ohio

I am a green card holder. The company I am working at right now, they want to relocate me to work in China for a year or two. The job would requirement me to travel China and U.S. frequently, but most of time of the job will stay in China. I understand that GC holder should not stay out of country more than 6 months. But my situation is employeed by american company, and paying u.s. taxes, but working in China.

thanks,

Michelle Wong
Michelle,
shop for a lawyer familiar with abandonment; you have some misunderstandings about the 6 month rule. What you propose may be possible, but you should not try this one on your own.

www.aila.org is the immigration lawyers' trade group.

TGS

Could you please tell me how you handled your case?

Mr.Michellewong,

I am in a kind of similar situation which you mentioned here some years back. Could you please tell me how you can sorted out this extended stay problem. I am a research student and I need to do a research for more than a year in the UK. Therefore I need some green card holder's advice who already gone out of US for educational or job purpose.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

QUOTE=michellewong;1108254]Ohio

thanks,

Michelle Wong[/QUOTE]

evcalyptos

Michelle is a female name.

You should start your own thread to discuss your question.

And look up 're-entry permit form I-131' before you do. :)

Mr.Michellewong,

I am in a kind of similar situation which you mentioned here some years back. Could you please tell me how you can sorted out this extended stay problem. I am a research student and I need to do a research for more than a year in the UK. Therefore I need some green card holder's advice who already gone out of US for educational or job purpose.

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

QUOTE=michellewong;1108254]Ohio

thanks,

Michelle Wong
[/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">