• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can H1B holder travel outside US?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confuseguy

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi! i have h1b visa valid until january 1, 2006. im planning to go back to philippines october (just for 2 weeks) and marry my girlfriend. i already file my EAD and i 140, change of status. Im afraid they might not allow me to enter the US because my h1b is expiring this january 2006.

1. can i travel outside? will i have any problems going back?

2. what travel documents will i need for me to travel and go back here in the US?

thank you and more power.

confuseguy

HappyHusband

confuseguy said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Hi! i have h1b visa valid until january 1, 2006. im planning to go back to philippines october (just for 2 weeks) and marry my girlfriend. i already file my EAD and i 140, change of status. Im afraid they might not allow me to enter the US because my h1b is expiring this january 2006.

1. can i travel outside? will i have any problems going back?

2. what travel documents will i need for me to travel and go back here in the US?

thank you and more power.

confuseguy
Duplicate post.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=269385

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">