• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he take my kids?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kimbakim

I'll try to make this brief. I live in Florida. I have 2 children-ages 1 & 2. My ex and I were never married. He left us in Sept 2000. I let him see his kids whenever he wants. Usually only a couple of hours a week as he lives around 3 hours away. Anytime he has asked, he has seen them. He pays no child support(What he has paid can be considered nothing!) and I know that is a seperate issue.
I have filed for child support and in the process of filing for custody. When he hears about this he will be angry. He may try to take the kids.(He already has a 5 year old daughter that he had temporary custody of but the papers expired and he has been hiding her from her mother for around 6 months now)You can see why I am worried. My questions are this: Can he legally take the children without my permission? Will the police get involved or will they just say this is a civil matter, take it to court? Will they actually try to get the kids back for me? Remember there are no court papers and we were never married.Please help with your answers. I need to be prepared. This could happen anytime now. Thank You

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">