• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can health ins co's change max out of pocket arbitrarily?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

espressola

What is the name of your state? California

I have had Blue Cross PPO ins since 12/02. My max out of pocket has always been $2500. I delivered my son Andrew on 4/12/04 and was reviewing my EOB's that I have received from the delivery yesterday. I noticed that the $2500 amount had been satisfied but that I was still being billed for my hospital services. Confident that a mistake had been made, I called today to rectify the situation, and was informed that my max out of pocket had changed as of 4/1/04 to $7500 per person. The representative stated that I had been informed of this with the increase in billing information which I did not remember seeing. This difference is not just $5000, it is $10,000 since the charges apply for me and for my son on our family plan. I had been informed by mail that my rates would change recently, but it was because I had an upcoming birthday that would move me into another tier. There was no mention of this situation with the max out of pocket. Do I have any recourse here???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Is this individual insurance, or group insurance through your employer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">