• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I adopt my girlfriends daughter without getting marrying her in the state of Ohio? So that I too have legal rights to take her to the hospital etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
OG, would a POA suffice for the OP? Or perhaps a written, notarized statement granting the right to seek medical care for the child?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
We are her parents. We are lesbians so why would she give up her rights. But ok
Because, generally speaking, that's how it works in unmarried situations - both parents must give up their rights for a third-party adoption. You would be wise to speak with an attorney since your situation is different. (Adoption is rarely a DIY project...)

Because, generally speaking, that's how it works in unmarried situations - both parents must give up their rights for a third-party adoption. You would be wise to speak with an attorney since your situation is different. (Adoption is rarely a DIY project...)
She had her there is no father because it was a donor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">