• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I alter a trademarked logo and print it into funny stickers to hand out to my friends?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yana.weng

I live in MA and I don't plan on making any profit off these stickers. My friends and I have an inside joke and I decided to use photoshop to add my own designs to the trademark logo (although the original logo is still clearly distinguishable) and plan on printing 50 stickers.

quincy

I live in MA and I don't plan on making any profit off these stickers. My friends and I have an inside joke and I decided to use photoshop to add my own designs to the trademark logo (although the original logo is still clearly distinguishable) and plan on printing 50 stickers.
It potentially could be a legal risk to do what you plan. How much of a risk depends on the specifics (e.g., who the trademark holder is, where these stickers will appear, how the trademark is altered, etc).

Messing in any way with a company's reputation is as a rule not a very good idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">