• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I apply for B2 (travel visa) when L1B is in progress?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Md_Sri

Hi,

My L1B Individual petition is in progress (RFE stage). Since this is expected to take some time, I would like to apply for B2 (tourist) visa to pay a short visit to my husband in US (I am recently married and unable to apply for dependent (H4) visa now since his H1B is expiring in 3 months time and is under renewal processing).

I would like to know whether there will be any complications in B2 approval if I apply now (due to L1 which is in progress or my husband's visa status).

Thanks.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Yes, you can. You can even have two visas issued and valid at the same time.

The issue here isn't likely to be the L1B concurrent, but the fact that since your husband is here, they may doubt whether you actually intend to not overstay your B2.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">