• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I, as a seller, back out of agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Pa I own a house that is located next to my parent's. I wanted to sell the house and a friend of mine decided to buy it. She gave me $500 hand money and we both signed an agreement that showed the hand money and the balance due when he acquired a mortgage. This happened on the 31st of July. Today, she and her husband went to the house while I was at work and demanded that my mother give her the key because "she owns the house now" I don't want anyone in the house without me because there are tools and personal things there. I now do not want her living next to my parents because of the way she talked to them and I want to cancel the agreement. Can I cancel and give her the hand money back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential