• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Be Arrested??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zenergi

What is the name of your state? NSW AUSTRALIA

Hi all....
So hoping someone may be able to help me here.....
OK...my husband was just arrested and taken into the local Police Station.
My query on this is - he was arrested IN our house for Disqualified Driving.
The Officer had seen him down the street (at shops) and followed him home , he knocked on the door about 5 minutes after my partner was inside (car parked,keys inside etc).
We were always of the understanding that you had to be behind the wheel to be arrested....at the very lest you had to be in the car!! But in the house!
Someone please help!

Happy Trails

Zenergi said:
What is the name of your state? NSW AUSTRALIA

Hi all....
So hoping someone may be able to help me here.....
OK...my husband was just arrested and taken into the local Police Station.
My query on this is - he was arrested IN our house for Disqualified Driving.
The Officer had seen him down the street (at shops) and followed him home , he knocked on the door about 5 minutes after my partner was inside (car parked,keys inside etc).
We were always of the understanding that you had to be behind the wheel to be arrested....at the very lest you had to be in the car!! But in the house!
Someone please help!
The officer witnessed him driving and he was not suppose to be.

This isn't a game of "Hide-n-Seek Tag" where if he makes it "home safe" he can't be caught.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">