• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be held in contempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Fl

Can i be held in contempt if my sons father refused to pick our son up from my mother.? He refused to pick our son up for weekend visitation due to the fact that i had previous arrangements and would not be physically present. I set up for my mother to be where his father chose at the court ordered time. He demanded that i be present or use ANYONE but my mother. My children and I currently live with my mother. My mother took my son as arranged and even made a police report that my son was never picked up. A police officer even spoke with my sons father who clearly stated he would not pick our son up from my mother. He proceeded with filing contempt claiming I with held visitation. And another for him calling my phone to speak to our son(which would be the other way around if he would have picked our son up) and I was unavailable as i stated I would be, (hints why i made other arrangements) and he didn't get to speak to our son for the duration of the weekend. He is asking for jail time and for me to pay all costs pertaining to this case. Our case is to be in front of a magistrate. This is our most recent issue. I would like to obtain legal counsel for this issue and many others.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state?
Fl

Can i be held in contempt if my sons father refused to pick our son up from my mother.? He refused to pick our son up for weekend visitation due to the fact that i had previous arrangements and would not be physically present. I set up for my mother to be where his father chose at the court ordered time. He demanded that i be present or use ANYONE but my mother. My children and I currently live with my mother. My mother took my son as arranged and even made a police report that my son was never picked up. A police officer even spoke with my sons father who clearly stated he would not pick our son up from my mother. He proceeded with filing contempt claiming I with held visitation. And another for him calling my phone to speak to our son(which would be the other way around if he would have picked our son up) and I was unavailable as i stated I would be, (hints why i made other arrangements) and he didn't get to speak to our son for the duration of the weekend. He is asking for jail time and for me to pay all costs pertaining to this case. Our case is to be in front of a magistrate. This is our most recent issue. I would like to obtain legal counsel for this issue and many others.
Please post this question to your other thread. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">