• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be sued for naming names if I can prove my story true via audio?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natsway

Who will you be speaking with at the news station?

You can ask that your identity remain confidential. Whether the news station will promise you this is a question mark. But, yes, if you are revealed as the source of the story, you can be sued.
Interesting. So no matter your truth, the professional still prevails. Here's a guy who beats on women (no accusation, public knowledge via the news) arrested, convicted and conviction upheld, and he's free to take advantage of patients anyway. I knew the system was jacked a long time ago but, I always thought there was some weight in the saying, "Your Truth Will Set You Free". Looks good on paper anyway doesn't it?
Content and context will matter but what you are describing sounds to be a lawsuit magnet.

If you are turning over your story to a reputable news organization, they will investigate your claims before broadcasting any information.

I recommend you do not "name names" until you have an experienced attorney personally review the facts you have gathered.

Good luck.
Thank You SO much for your feedback, I will heed your advice. I have already contacted an attorney locally and waiting to hear back. If I do not, I will make sure to mention in my opening statements that I fear retribution because the mere mention could potentially cause more financial hardship.
As for the news station interested in my story, It is a reputable station and they have been prying the door open to the current issues surrounding implantable devices. She contacted me, not the other way around. If you haven't watched The Bleeding Edge on Netflix, I highly suggest you enlighten yourself if for no other reason than to protect your loved ones, watch the documentary.
In closing, understand my story, was completely preventable and based on that fact alone, I feel it's my civic duty to raise awareness. Maybe it's wrong to feel indebted to the public on such a hidden topic but, that's how I was raised.

Just Blue

Interesting. So no matter your truth, the professional still prevails. Here's a guy who beats on women (no accusation, public knowledge via the news) arrested, convicted and conviction upheld, and he's free to take advantage of patients anyway. I knew the system was jacked a long time ago but, I always thought there was some weight in the saying, "Your Truth Will Set You Free". Looks good on paper anyway doesn't it?

Thank You SO much for your feedback, I will heed your advice. I have already contacted an attorney locally and waiting to hear back. If I do not, I will make sure to mention in my opening statements that I fear retribution because the mere mention could potentially cause more financial hardship.
As for the news station interested in my story, It is a reputable station and they have been prying the door open to the current issues surrounding implantable devices. She contacted me, not the other way around. If you haven't watched The Bleeding Edge on Netflix, I highly suggest you enlighten yourself if for no other reason than to protect your loved ones, watch the documentary.
In closing, understand my story, was completely preventable and based on that fact alone, I feel it's my civic duty to raise awareness. Maybe it's wrong to feel indebted to the public on such a hidden topic but, that's how I was raised.
Curious...Is it a local RI station or a Boston station?

quincy

Raising awareness is a good goal. You just need to know how best to do this without getting sued in the process. Having a news organization involved will help.

The Knight Community News Network can be a valuable resource for you with your website. I recommend you visit the KCNN site and explore what it offers. I especially recommend you check out "Limiting Legal Risk" (a link can be found under the Featured Learning Modules section of the Home Page). http://kcnn.org

It can help for you to have adequate liability insurance in case you are sued despite your best efforts to avoid a suit.

Good luck.

Natsway

Curious...Is it a local RI station or a Boston station?
Curious huh? Well, my answer is, neither.
Its a courageous reporter in another state who's aggressively helping patients of harm bring their stories to light. They are one of the many who are starting to follow the 'E-Sisters' (the force behind the bleeding edge documentary) lead in their efforts to expose the huge lack of oversight and the number of patients who are left to suffer in the shadows.
Know that I take NO PRIDE in doing this other than I am doing a public service. I never wanted anyone to know about my dental issues, however, as I mentioned in another comment, I feel after years of research, patient retort and my case alone, it is my civic duty to bring awareness in an effort to prevent further harm. And in all honesty here, if I have dental professionals willing to contribute their knowledge in my awareness campaign, I can't be all 'that bad' a person in what I'm trying to do.
In closing, I again, thank you most kindly for your feedback.

quincy

Curious huh? Well, my answer is, neither.
Its a courageous reporter in another state who's aggressively helping patients of harm bring their stories to light. They are one of the many who are starting to follow the 'E-Sisters' (the force behind the bleeding edge documentary) lead in their efforts to expose the huge lack of oversight and the number of patients who are left to suffer in the shadows.
Know that I take NO PRIDE in doing this other than I am doing a public service. I never wanted anyone to know about my dental issues, however, as I mentioned in another comment, I feel after years of research, patient retort and my case alone, it is my civic duty to bring awareness in an effort to prevent further harm. And in all honesty here, if I have dental professionals willing to contribute their knowledge in my awareness campaign, I can't be all 'that bad' a person in what I'm trying to do.
In closing, I again, thank you most kindly for your feedback.
Good luck on your quest to educate the public.

If you have the opportunity to provide updates later, I would be interested in learning what happens.

Natsway

Raising awareness is a good goal. You just need to know how best to do this without getting sued in the process. Having a news organization involved will help.

The Knight Community News Network can be a valuable resource for you with your website. I recommend you visit the KCNN site and explore what it offers. I especially recommend you check out "Limiting Legal Risk" (a link can be found under the Featured Learning Modules section of the Home Page). http://kcnn.org

It can help for you to have adequate liability insurance in case you are sued despite your best efforts to avoid a suit.

Good luck.
Wow, Thank You SO Much for this invaluable info, I will absolutely follow your advice in an effort to keep my name & my work, in good standings. Raising Awareness is absolutely my goal as no one, should be left to suffer as I have and if my story or my work can prevent that? Then I've left this world a little better place than I found it!
This is less about me and more about the underlining issue I myself, became a victim of. I invite everyone following this thread to review the following link. There are 2 pieces of invaluable info every person should be familiar with when it comes to your oral and overall health (link removed)
Review both the article AND the video, this is one of the many pieces of info I have available as a resource for patients on my website. I have an entire page dedicated to educating & empowering patients to become more informed dental consumers.
Anyone who believes I'm just a 'disgruntled or unappeasable' patient out on a dental smear campaign would be sadly mistaken. I wholeheartedly promote good dentistry, when I can find it. And I LOVED my smile, I was very happy to have a functioning smile again, I acknowledge that in my story. What I wasn't happy with was finding despite my story being validated, it is not punishable by the law simply because as a 'lay' person, I didn't figure it out within the 3-year time limit. So it's not that I am a liar in any way shape or form, I simply trusted too much and for too long.
The sad irony here is, I suffered horrible abuse that caused me to lose my teeth as a child, who would've thought the very thing that was supposed to return a functioning smile, is now, the very thing destroying it! Unfair as it is, lightning really can strike twice. :(
Thank You again, I am profoundly appreciative of your time & willingness to help, means a lot!

quincy

Wow, Thank You SO Much for this invaluable info, I will absolutely follow your advice in an effort to keep my name & my work, in good standings. Raising Awareness is absolutely my goal as no one, should be left to suffer as I have and if my story or my work can prevent that? Then I've left this world a little better place than I found it!
This is less about me and more about the underlining issue I myself, became a victim of. I invite everyone following this thread to review the following link. There are 2 pieces of invaluable info every person should be familiar with when it comes to your oral and overall health [link removed]
Review both the article AND the video, this is one of the many pieces of info I have available as a resource for patients on my website. I have an entire page dedicated to educating & empowering patients to become more informed dental consumers.
Anyone who believes I'm just a 'disgruntled or unappeasable' patient out on a dental smear campaign would be sadly mistaken. I wholeheartedly promote good dentistry, when I can find it. And I LOVED my smile, I was very happy to have a functioning smile again, I acknowledge that in my story. What I wasn't happy with was finding despite my story being validated, it is not punishable by the law simply because as a 'lay' person, I didn't figure it out within the 3-year time limit. So it's not that I am a liar in any way shape or form, I simply trusted too much and for too long.
The sad irony here is, I suffered horrible abuse that caused me to lose my teeth as a child, who would've thought the very thing that was supposed to return a functioning smile, is now, the very thing destroying it! Unfair as it is, lightning really can strike twice.
Thank You again, I am profoundly appreciative of your time & willingness to help, means a lot!
I appreciate the thanks, so thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">