• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be sued ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ree812

My previous employer is over charging on their billing to their customers. I want to profit from this and start a company to inform these cheated companies of this and take 50% of what they are being cheated. Can my old company sue me over this ? I susposely signed a confidentity statement. But this does not seem like it would be covered since it is illegal billing . How can I do this without being sued?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ree812:
My previous employer is over charging on their billing to their customers. I want to profit from this and start a company to inform these cheated companies of this and take 50% of what they are being cheated. Can my old company sue me over this ? I susposely signed a confidentity statement. But this does not seem like it would be covered since it is illegal billing . How can I do this without being sued?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Despite the fact that your employer may be cheating its clients, if you take any documents out of your employers business to "document" and act upon such allegations, you would be committing theft, and the documents could not be used in a court of law. The best you can do is to report your allegations to the District Attorney's office or to a Regulatory Agency that deals with your company's business (if there is one). I know it seems strange, but that's the way the law has been interpreted by case law. And, you could get into big trouble for being a thief.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

R

ree812

that is the beauty of this. the documents are at the clients' side. they type reports for these clients and they are charging them twice the agreed amount. I just want to go and show them how it is being done and get paid for giving this service. I am not taking anything from my previous employer except the knowledge of this.

R

ree812

Does what you said earlier to me apply to me even though I will not be taking any documents from my former employer? I will be counting the characters on the each page and running that against their invoices sent out.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ree812:
Does what you said earlier to me apply to me even though I will not be taking any documents from my former employer? I will be counting the characters on the each page and running that against their invoices sent out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Okay, as long as all documentation is in the possession, custody or control of someone else, you will be fine. Be aware, because of what you are contemplating, you will be involved in a lot of litigation as a witness, or even as a defendant, between or involved with, the major players in your scenario. Don't think it's all going to be skittles and beer. The money may not be worth the trouble. You may want to re-think your position in this, and merely report the fraud, in your capacity as a whistleblower, to an outside agency. At least under the Whistleblower laws, you'll be somewhat protected. But, when you start profiting from their fraud, you open yourself up.

Good luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">