• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I cancel my ex's Medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

So my ex is claiming I cancelled her Medicaid for our daughter. We currently have joint custody with my address being her residential address. From what I understand, even though it is for my daughter, because the Medicaid account is not MY household, I can't have any access to it and therefore it is not possible for me to even attempt to do that, if I wanted to.

I am just wanting to verify this to be true. I did not and would not want to cancel her insurance since it will cover what my insurance doesn't so the claim doesn't make any sense in the first place.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Arkansas

So my ex is claiming I cancelled her Medicaid for our daughter. We currently have joint custody with my address being her residential address. From what I understand, even though it is for my daughter, because the Medicaid account is not MY household, I can't have any access to it and therefore it is not possible for me to even attempt to do that, if I wanted to.

I am just wanting to verify this to be true. I did not and would not want to cancel her insurance since it will cover what my insurance doesn't so the claim doesn't make any sense in the first place.
Was this a same sex relationship? Your address is the child's residential address? Or your ex's residential address?

FlyingRon

If you didn't do it, why do you care if it was possible or not? What qualified your daughter for medicaid to begin with? Is she disabled or was this under Arkids (CHIP)? Is it possible it just expired rather than being cancelled? Did you call the hotline (-888-987-1200 ) to see what is going on?

No, it was not a same sex relationship. My address is my daughter's residential address, but we have joint custody of her. I am looking to be able to cite something in court stating that it is not even possible for me to be allowed to do this. I do not have any information regarding her Medicaid besides her claiming on court documents that I cancelled it and am causing her to pay full price for her medical care, which are all nonfactual allegations. It is one of those he said, she said situations so I would like to be able to get something concrete to show that even if I wanted to do this, I don't have the ability to and therefore disprove the allegation immediately.

PayrollHRGuy

Medicaid should have a record of why it was canceled and who canceled it.

If something was mailed to your address that needed to be done and you didn't do it you did, in effect, cancel the Medicaid.

It is not my Medicaid account and I am not on there in any form of the paperwork, nor is my daughter's address listed as mine on the paperwork so anything about it would have gone to her mother. I literally have no information on how she was on Medicaid, why, even the number. I have other insurance so she does not use Medicaid when I provide her medical care. I have confirmed that she is allowed to have both insurances so I know my insurance did not kick her off.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It is not my Medicaid account and I am not on there in any form of the paperwork, nor is my daughter's address listed as mine on the paperwork so anything about it would have gone to her mother. I literally have no information on how she was on Medicaid, why, even the number. I have other insurance so she does not use Medicaid when I provide her medical care. I have confirmed that she is allowed to have both insurances so I know my insurance did not kick her off.
HER mother and yet you are Starbucks GIRL? Really? You are actually father's girlfriend aren't you?

But let us stay on task here. I didn't come to discuss the user name. Just to get questions answered about Medicaid. As a professional, I am sure you can relate that getting off topic serves no one.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But let us stay on task here. I didn't come to discuss the user name. Just to get questions answered about Medicaid. As a professional, I am sure you can relate that getting off topic serves no one.
I wasn't off topic.. YOU were presenting as someone else quite frankly. EVERY user should have their own user name. Or it makes you appear to be a liar. As a professional, I choose to deal with people who don't mislead by using their wife's account.

I didn't realize coming onto the site, the purpose was to make you satisfied. I thought it was to get answers to questions. Frankly, it is our personal business on whether we want to have one account instead of multiples. Since you are not part of our relationship, I did not think to include you in the conversation, lol.

The topic is whether there is someplace I can go to that discusses Medicaid policies that will show that I do not have the ability to cancel medicaid if I am not included in the information or on the account whatsoever. If you do not want to answer the topic, you are more than welcome to go answer other questions or go about your day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I didn't realize coming onto the site, the purpose was to make you satisfied. I thought it was to get answers to questions. Frankly, it is our personal business on whether we want to have one account instead of multiples. Since you are not part of our relationship, I did not think to include you in the conversation, lol.

The topic is whether there is someplace I can go to that discusses Medicaid policies that will show that I do not have the ability to cancel medicaid if I am not included in the information or on the account whatsoever. If you do not want to answer the topic, you are more than welcome to go answer other questions or go about your day.
Please pay an attorney to answer your questions. Since you don't expect to be forthright in all of your proceedings. This site, the knowledgeable members expect it. And I am the only attorney to have responded. Continue on your merry way.

LdiJ

Your husband does actually have the ability to cancel Medicaid. He may not have done it on purpose, but things that you or he do that show that the children live at your address could and would cancel mom's Medicaid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">