• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I change/modify a land deed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I bought 6.6 acres lakefront property in Frederick County, Virginia and built a home. One of the conditions? of the deed requires that I join a Property Owners Association (that has not been formed yet) and forfeit part of my property to the Association. Is there a way to change the deed so I don't become part of the Assn and lose approx. 1/3rd of my property? This property is currently used as collateral for a Home Building Loan,. The hook here is that the property that I will lose is part of the dam that forms the lake, and once I lose it, I no longer have Lakefront property or access to the lake, and the size of my parcel will fall below the minimum size for these properties (5 acres and above). If I must lose the property I would at least like to be paid for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential