• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i change my daughters last name to her step-dads?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elizabeth9098

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I have sole custody of my daughter. Her biological father has not seen her in a year and has never paid me child support. Her step-dad has taken care of her and supported her for the last two years. Can we change her last name to his without adoption or without her biological fathers consent?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Humusluvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I have sole custody of my daughter. Her biological father has not seen her in a year and has never paid me child support. Her step-dad has taken care of her and supported her for the last two years. Can we change her last name to his without adoption or without her biological fathers consent?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What does your order state about support and visitation?

If he objects, and you will have to notify him, don't count on changing the name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">