• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sstoltz29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Can i do anything?
Vehicle was to be paid through estate. Atty did not do it in a timely manner. Car was repossessed through no fault of my own. I had to retrieve vehicle and lost time at work. Own my own business. Travel was at least 50 miles one way. Also, atty had me sign a tenant agreement to either be out by end of May or on a monthly basis until house was sold. This was signed in Feb. 2017. In March he sent me a letter advising me to find an apt. if a buyer was found asap. Was taking deceased's mail to atty office weekly. Received letter stating that I was to deliver such mail weekly. If there was no mail how was I supposed to deliver it? I was named as a beneficiary to some things in his will but his daughter was named executrix and she hired the atty. Not me. Should I have been pushed around like this? It caused a lot of missed work and emotional anguish on top of my sig. other passing away.

quincy

Can i do anything?
Vehicle was to be paid through estate. Atty did not do it in a timely manner. Car was repossessed through no fault of my own. I had to retrieve vehicle and lost time at work. Own my own business. Travel was at least 50 miles one way. Also, atty had me sign a tenant agreement to either be out by end of May or on a monthly basis until house was sold. This was signed in Feb. 2017. In March he sent me a letter advising me to find an apt. if a buyer was found asap. Was taking deceased's mail to atty office weekly. Received letter stating that I was to deliver such mail weekly. If there was no mail how was I supposed to deliver it? I was named as a beneficiary to some things in his will but his daughter was named executrix and she hired the atty. Not me. Should I have been pushed around like this? It caused a lot of missed work and emotional anguish on top of my sig. other passing away.
I am not sure what you see as being "pushed around."

latigo

Can i do anything?
My goodness, such a riveting, tear jerking tale. But how can we help you? What would you like to do? Who are the bad guys here? The deceased's daughter, her lawyer or both?

Incidentally, the word you were looking for in your "abbreviated", but touching lament over the lost love one is spelled s-i-g-n-i-f-i-c-a-n-t.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
It appears that he is the deceased's significant other. Which I assume means he has not legal standing, unless he was a named beneficiary.

latigo

It appears that he is the deceased's significant other. Which I assume means he has not legal standing, unless he was a named beneficiary.
I don't find that sstolkz29's complaints have to with the assertion of any rights with respect to sig.'s estate.

What I find is that he or she is understandably peeved from being treated like an errand boy by the lawyer for the estate. But unfortunately it seems that he has volunteered to do the lawyer's bidding.

quincy

Thanks. I have to stop skimming posts.

If sstoltz29 does not want to run errands for the attorney, s/he can simply say "no." The attorney can make other arrangements to get the mail.

It appears sstoltz29 is living in a house that was owned by the deceased, so sstoltz29 cannot ignore directions to move (if given proper notice). I don't know who owns the car, but sstoltz29 might find s/he has to give it up.

I do not see that the attorney is doing anything wrong, though.

sstoltz29

I am not sure what you see as being "pushed around."
I did not hire the attorney. Attorney jerked me around the entire time. Car was repoed through no fault of my own. He was to pay it off and didn't in an appropriate time and I am the one who had to take off work to retrieve it. Was told I could stay in house til end of May (signed an agreement) but got a letter from him in March that if they found a buyer asap I would have to get out asap. Not to mention other things.....

sstoltz29

My goodness, such a riveting, tear jerking tale. But how can we help you? What would you like to do? Who are the bad guys here? The deceased's daughter, her lawyer or both?

Incidentally, the word you were looking for in your "abbreviated", but touching lament over the lost love one is spelled s-i-g-n-i-f-i-c-a-n-t.
The daughter's weren't very nice at all after I have been with their father for almost 20 years. Never has issues with them before until it was $$$.
I feel that the lawyer had no right to do the many things that I was put through. I was not involved except for the few things he left me.

sstoltz29

Thanks. I have to stop skimming posts.

If sstoltz29 does not want to run errands for the attorney, s/he can simply say "no." The attorney can make other arrangements to get the mail.

It appears sstoltz29 is living in a house that was owned by the deceased, so sstoltz29 cannot ignore directions to move (if given proper notice). I don't know who owns the car, but sstoltz29 might find s/he has to give it up.

I do not see that the attorney is doing anything wrong, though.

Was his girlfriend for almost 20 years. Was treated like a nobody. The car was in both of our names and the attorney was to pay it off in a timely manner. He did not. It was repossessed. He then proceeded to pay it off. It was taken 50 miles from my home. I had to take work off to get it as he wouldn't pay to have it returned.

I signed a tenant agreement in Feb that I could stay at the house until the end of May or until the house was sold. In March he sent me a letter stating that if a buyer was found would have to move asap. So why sign the agreement? And as for the monthly thing HAH. Was out by end of May and house didn't sell til Sept.

quincy

I did not hire the attorney. Attorney jerked me around the entire time. Car was repoed through no fault of my own. He was to pay it off and didn't in an appropriate time and I am the one who had to take off work to retrieve it. Was told I could stay in house til end of May (signed an agreement) but got a letter from him in March that if they found a buyer asap I would have to get out asap. Not to mention other things.....
Thank you for answering our questions, sstoltz29.

The attorney may not be a very pleasant fellow but, from what you have stated, he does not appear to have violated any laws or professional rules.

In the attorney's handling of the estate, it appears he might have taken advantage of your good nature. In his making requests of you, it sounds like you were more accommodating than you needed to be.

I am sorry about the loss of your significant other.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">