• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do jail time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessgeorge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I was charged with theft and drug abuse instrument. I was offered a recovery court program in lieu of conviction. I want to withdraw from the recovery court and take my original charges. Am I looking at jail time? I have no previous record.

Just Blue

I was charged with theft and drug abuse instrument. I was offered a recovery court program in lieu of conviction. I want to withdraw from the recovery court and take my original charges. Am I looking at jail time? I have no previous record.
What does your attorney say about this?

PayrollHRGuy

Are you alleged of stealing a piece of gum or a car? What crime are you specifically charged with?

On the drug instrument charge the max is 90 days and a $750 fine if first offense.

quincy

Why do you want to withdraw from a program that can keep your criminal record clean?

Is the one year of abstinence too difficult?

Completing the program can be difficult but living with a criminal history can be more so. A criminal record can affect you in all areas of your life, from employment to travel to personal relationships.

You should consult with an attorney before making a decision to withdraw from the program.

Last edited:

Jessgeorge

I only want to withdraw because my case manager is making everything impossible. I thought I would be getting help yet all I'm getting is more stress. I've been in this program since February 8th and I've done nothing. I thought there would be IOP or counseling something other than stress and worry. Unfortunately, the judge will side with her because now I carry a label.

Jessgeorge

And 1 year of abstinence is not too difficult. I had clean time and unfortunately I relapsed when my sister died in my bed. I'm hoping the rest of my life is clean.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I only want to withdraw because my case manager is making everything impossible. I thought I would be getting help yet all I'm getting is more stress. I've been in this program since February 8th and I've done nothing. I thought there would be IOP or counseling something other than stress and worry. Unfortunately, the judge will side with her because now I carry a label.
You want to bail after 1 month in the program?

Why don't you sit down and have a conversation with the case manager to express your concerns of the perceived lack of any progress...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">