• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I extend my H1-B more than 6 years?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I'm in PA.

I have already extended my H1B, and this is my 5th year on H1B, which will expire in June 2003.

Someone told me that I will still be able to extend my status, and keep working in the U.S. after June 2003, if I apply for a green card. Is this true?

Here is my concern: Say I will apply for a permanent resident status in January 2003, will I still be able to work legally after June 2003? (I understand it'll take about 2 years to obtain the status).

If you could help me on this, I'd be really grateful !
Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential