• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I fix a mistake on register of wills form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? P.A.
I live in P.A. My mom's only income was social security. When applying to be executrix of her estate, it had what her house was worth, $48,170, which I put the right way. However, when putting the total, I put the decimal point in the wrong place. Besides what the house is worth it was supposed to say $2,300 but instead I accidentally put $23,000. The total altogether being 50.470.. I'm so upset about this. How can I fix it? I called the Register of Wills and they said there is nothing that I can do. They said if I want I can write a letter about this and add it to their file. They said not to worry about it but I am legally liable for any mistakes! There must be something that I can do. It is extremely important that I do everything the right way. I would really appreciate any responses. Thank you, Jenny.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? P.A.
I live in P.A. My mom's only income was social security. When applying to be executrix of her estate, it had what her house was worth, $48,170, which I put the right way. However, when putting the total, I put the decimal point in the wrong place. Besides what the house is worth it was supposed to say $2,300 but instead I accidentally put $23,000. The total altogether being 50.470.. I'm so upset about this. How can I fix it? I called the Register of Wills and they said there is nothing that I can do. They said if I want I can write a letter about this and add it to their file. They said not to worry about it but I am legally liable for any mistakes! There must be something that I can do. It is extremely important that I do everything the right way. I would really appreciate any responses. Thank you, Jenny.
Your post doesn't make sense. First, you say that the (correct) value of the house is $48,170, but then you go on to say that the house is only worth $2,300 (which is not believable).

Hi, thank you for your reply. If you read my post carefully, it says " Besides what the house is worth." I never at any time said the house is worth $2.300. Another words my mother had her house that is worth $48.170, plus $2.300 in assets. Please read my post more carefully so that you may understand what I am saying. Thank you for your reply, Jenny.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi, thank you for your reply. If you read my post carefully, it says " Besides what the house is worth." I never at any time said the house is worth $2.300. Another words my mother had her house that is worth $48.170, plus $2.300 in assets. Please read my post more carefully so that you may understand what I am saying. Thank you for your reply, Jenny.
Thank you for clarifying your post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">