• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get a copy of my Grandmothers will just by asking ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shelia Hall

my grandmother lived in kansas, i live in alabama. she passed away and i want to get a copy of the will. my father ,her son, was in her will but he passed away last august,does his part go to his sister, or does it go to his children. i need to know if he was still in the will. how may i obtain a copy of the will?

A

advisor10

JUNE 9, 2001

DEAR SHELIA:

What is the month and year of your grandmother's death?

Did your father have a will and was it submitted to probate court?

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

A

advisor10

JUNE 11, 2001

You have to know the month and year that she died, and also the city/state. Then contact the county courthouse to have the clerk look up her probate file. If you can't visit the courthouse in person, the clerk can mail you a copy of it.

If you need help in getting the address and/or phone number for this courthouse, send me an e-mail and I can find it for you.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

S

Shelia Hall

date my grandmother died

advisor said:
JUNE 11, 2001

My Dad died August 2, 2000 ,no will. My Grandmother died May 8th 2001 in Pittsburg Kansas. A phone number for court house would be great. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks,
Shelia

[Edited by Shelia Hall on 06-11-2001 at 09:43 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">