• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get custody of my grandchild from my 16 year old daughter?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rainaraines

By the way, I do have some good news for the poster. I have just located a section of the adoption code that states as follows:

§10-7505-4.1.

A. If a consent to adoption or permanent relinquishment for adoption
has not been obtained from both parents of a minor who is the subject
of a petition for adoption, and the rights of the nonconsenting parent
or parents have not previously been terminated, the petitioner for
adoption, a consenting parent, or a legal guardian or legal custodian
of the minor to be adopted must file an application to the court
stating the reason that the consent or relinquishment of the parent or
parents is not necessary. In the alternative, if the nonconsenting
parent is a putative father of a minor born out of wedlock, the
petitioner for adoption, a consenting parent, or a legal guardian or
legal custodian of the minor may file an application to terminate the
parental rights of the putative father. The grounds for terminating a
putative father pursuant to this section shall be identical to the
grounds for permitting an adoption without the consent of a parent,
pursuant to Section 7505-4.2 of this title.

Therefore, you can file for adoption of your grandchild. For more of the code, go to this website:

http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cgi/get_statute?99/Title.10/10-7505-4.1.html

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

azgrandpa said:
Oh, by the way Kris; the quote you made above, (Quoted by Krispenstpeter: "And I will call a spade a spade"), is a racial slur! Shame on you!! Didn't know that was allowed either!

My response:

Please - - stop demonstrating how stupid you can be, "azgrandpa". "Calling a spade a spade" has NOTHING to do with race, or racial slur. Never did.

Learn something:

The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. 2002.

"call a spade a spade"

To speak directly and bluntly; to avoid euphemism: “The prosecutor said, ‘Let’s call a spade a spade. You didn’t borrow the money, you stole it.’”

IAAL

azgrandpa

Ok, my final words on this thread:

IAAL, you obviously have lead a sheltered life! Let this "stupid" person give you a little hint. Don't go to Watts and call an African American a spade!!

Sorry, (ropooh73008), that we messed up your post. Just always seems to go that way when IAAL responds!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

azgrandpa said:
Ok, my final words on this thread:

IAAL, you obviously have lead a sheltered life! Let this "stupid" person give you a little hint. Don't go to Watts and call an African American a spade!!

Sorry, (ropooh73008), that we messed up your post. Just always seems to go that way when IAAL responds!

My response:

Just like the typical idiot that you are, azgrandpa. Why are you mixing apples and oranges? Should we have the word "spade" removed from all dictionaries?

Calling someone a "spade" has nothing to do with the phrase, "calling a spade a spade". We were talking about a "phrase", not just the word, IDIOT!

You said the "phrase", itself, was a racial epithet - - not simply the word!

Why don't you learn and understand a topic BEFORE you decide to spout your mouth off?

You must be a "spade", azgrandpa.

IAAL

K

krispenstpeter

I guess we won't be able to purchase 'Spic n Span' in the near future then.

Or Aunt Jemimiah
Or Uncle Ben's Rice
Or user the phrase 'Jewish Princess'
Or Mick Jagger will have to change his name
Or be able to 'dance a Jig'
Or maybe Judge "WOP"-ner will have to change his name also.

Get real. I'm half spic and half mick and I LOVE salsa on my potatoes :D

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
azgrandpa said:
Oh, by the way Kris; the quote you made above, (Quoted by Krispenstpeter: "And I will call a spade a spade"), is a racial slur! Shame on you!! Didn't know that was allowed either!
Dude - Spades are a suit in a deck of cards. And that's what the saying refers to, rather than a pejorative term against blacks. The saying is much older than the usage as a slur.

(edit) In fact, the earliest cited usage is by the greek playwright Menander (approx 342-292 b.c.) who is quoted as saying "I call a fig a fig, a spade a spade."

Last edited:

smcgarry

And by the way...who are the advertisers for this sight? Maybe they should be informed of the verbal bullying that goes on here. (This is not the 1st time it's happened to me.)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
smcgarry said:
And by the way...who are the advertisers for this sight? Maybe they should be informed of the verbal bullying that goes on here. (This is not the 1st time it's happened to me.)
If you have a problem/concern, you can most certainly address it with the site admin.

frylover

OK, I have nothing to share, useful or useless, on the OP question. Just wanted to say:

Krispen, I LOVED your list.....and what kind of potatoes do you put salsa on? :D

K

krispenstpeter

Hell Fry, I put salsa on everything. But not the store-bought crap. I make my own.

My father and I used to sit on the porch and eat Jalepenos fresh from the garden and goat cheese wrapped in fresh Tortillias from his neighbor Ms. Quintero on Summit Street in Kansas City.

The old fart died two years ago in his own Bed overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Now that was the way to go.

K

krispenstpeter

Four ripe tomatoes diced.
Two onions diced.
Two to four Jalapenos (seeds only) spread over the onion and tomatoes.
The guts should be thrown away and the skins diced and added to the mixture.
1/4 cup of water.
Two tblspns salt.
two cloves of garlic minced.

Slow boil the mixture until the first bubles begin then take from the fire and cover. Let sit in the frige overnight.

that should just about do it.

For Mexican Chili tell him to take Red beans and about 1/2 cup of distilled water. dice four jalapenos with seeds and mix and let sit overnight.

In another bowl add chili mix and large cut Prime Rib with 1/2 cup warm water. Cover and let sit in frige overnight.

the next morning add one chopped onion and one clove garlic salt and pepper to taste. Slow boil for about two hours. Cover and let cool. Repeat process until pot boils again.

It's ready :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

frylover said:
My husband would love to meet you...he LOVES salsa and is constantly on a quest for "the perfect salsa".

My response:

Okay, Frylover - - while those two are making love with a chili pepper or two, you and I can get together and cook up our own "recipe" - - if you catch my drift.

IAAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">