• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?New Mexico

I lived with this woman for over 3 years, she has my son. We were not married. She had a child prior and gave custody to her mother, she has sent my son to to Pheonix Az. to live with her father. We both have had prior drug habits, I have checked myself into rehab and will get out on the 22nd of March 2005. I am trying to find a job before I get out. I would like to get my son. I have no income and my name is not on the birth certificate. I do not have money to pay for a paternity test at this time. What are my options. (friend of the father's, getting him help before he gets out, I do not even know where to look on the Internet for laws. Everything I find wants to charge for the information)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential