• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get Help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

murray052

Three Years ago my husband was injured at work. Because of his companies Wrk/Comp tactics we were left with out any finacial money or medical treatment for months until we went to court. It turned us upside down. Because of the finacial stress and the stress of watching my husband suffer for months I was hospitalized with a emotional brake down. Now I have unpaid medical bills.My question is can I do anything to get my doctors bills paid.

------------------
dizzy

[This message has been edited by murray052 (edited August 14, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Infliction of Mental distress:

One who by extreme and outrageous conduct intentionally or recklessly causes severe emotional distress to another is subject to liability for such emotional distress. Where such conduct is directed at a third person, the actor is subject to liability if he intentionally or recklessly causes severe emotional distress to a member of such person's immediate family who is present at the time, whether or not such distress results in bodily harm. Actual damages must be proven although physical injury need not result.

In this situation, I am not sure if you will be able to recover. May I suggest you speak with a personal injury attorney in your state. Perhaps case law in your state might permit some recovery.

M

murray052

Thanks lawrat I will do that. Im hoping to atleast recover the medical expences. Ill keep you posted if I find someone to take my case.

------------------
dizzy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">