• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my CPL in Michigan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brnwn4

I was charged with domestic violence back in 2013 when i was 15, i got it expunged from my record. Then in 2014 when i was 17 i plead guilty to use of marijuana. Ive had background checks done and people say i have nothing on my criminal record but a drug charge shows on my driving record.

Do i have a fair chance at getting my CPL ? I live in Michigan. I can provide any other details needed. I was able to purchase a pistol from a store. The seller did perform a background check.

quincy

I was charged with domestic violence back in 2013 when i was 15, i got it expunged from my record. Then in 2014 when i was 17 i plead guilty to use of marijuana. Ive had background checks done and people say i have nothing on my criminal record but a drug charge shows on my driving record.

Do i have a fair chance at getting my CPL ? I live in Michigan. I can provide any other details needed. I was able to purchase a pistol from a store. The seller did perform a background check.
Here are the requirements for a CPL:

https://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1878_1591_3503_4654-10926--,00.html

brnwn4

I have read this many times but still cant pinpoint if i would get denied... Will the domestic violence still keep me from getting it if i was a juvenile and went through the diversion program to have it deferred ? Also will the use of marijuana charge have any effect? I was able to purchase a pistol just yesterday but dont wanna pay all the money to the state and for the CPL class if I have a high chance of getting denied.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :)

quincy

I have read this many times but still cant pinpoint if i would get denied... Will the domestic violence still keep me from getting it if i was a juvenile and went through the diversion program to have it deferred ? Also will the use of marijuana charge have any effect? I was able to purchase a pistol just yesterday but dont wanna pay all the money to the state and for the CPL class if I have a high chance of getting denied.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
There is a chance it will be denied. How great a chance depends on more facts than you've included here.

You can speak to an attorney in your area (free or low cost advice can be found at legal aid clinics) to determine better your chances.

Good luck.

Just Blue

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
How old are you now?

brnwn4

There is a chance it will be denied. How great a chance depends on more facts than you've included here.

You can speak to an attorney in your area (free or low cost advice can be found at legal aid clinics) to determine better your chances.

Good luck.
If you need any more information i can provide it lol. Just would hate to spend the money just to get denied. :( i really am not a criminal, just was a stupid kid....

quincy

I am 21 now, soon to be 22. Do you have any recommendations for a cheap lawyer to talk to in my area? Or where i could find one?
If you are near a law school, they have legal aid clinics where you can find assistance. Or you can call attorneys in your area of Michigan, check rates and buy an hour's worth of an attorney's time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">