• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get out of a contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Prosper

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am 17 years old and i recently signed a contract with a gym telling them that i would have to confirm with my dad who stays in africa now . so when i told him he said he did not want to hear that i wanted to take boxing as a sport . so when i told the manager of the gym he said there was no way i could cancel the contract and that he will stick to what i said when i talked to him that (My dad can pay for me ) he said it was not his responsibilty that i cannot pay that money . i asked him if i could cancel the contract and he stills says no , agter about 18 days now i receive a letter telling me that my account has been handed to the collection . I am an international student and i cannot afford the $750.00 that he is asking for , also it started as 500 and he did not tell me about the other charges that he claims to be for the personal trainer .

JETX

Simply give the manager a written notice that you are a minor and wish to exercise your right to rescind the contract. The contract will then be void and unenforcable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">