• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I lose my settlement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rita Jean

Have recieved a Florida workers comp cash settlement for an on the job injury. Unable to work now as a result of injury. Also had a long term damage suit against the same employer (two years) but had to withdraw because of favored law suit directive. Can counsel for defense in damage suit take all or part of my injury settlement for their fee's? I have no other money or property.

P

peter

Well what was you agreement? usually they take 1/3 unless there was a LOT of court work, time and expenses...

Then it could be a lot more....it should be in your agreement with the lawyer...his fees..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rita Jean:
Have recieved a Florida workers comp cash settlement for an on the job injury. Unable to work now as a result of injury. Also had a long term damage suit against the same employer (two years) but had to withdraw because of favored law suit directive. Can counsel for defense in damage suit take all or part of my injury settlement for their fee's? I have no other money or property.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">