• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i move to another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i am divorce if my exhusban is giving me child support can i go live in another state


its like this the cp,s [cannot] move without consent,and the ncp's [can] move where and whenever they choose


Senior Member
what state do you live in?

some states require that the CP receive the permission of the NCP or the permission of the courts before relocations are allowed. if you get permission from the CP get it in writing!!!!

some states also require a NOTICE OF RELOCATION to be presented to the NCP within a required time, like 45 to 60 days prior to the move. the NCP then has 30 days to protest the relocation. if they do, you go before a judge who decided the best interests of the children. if they don't, then you are able to move with no ramifications.

the notice has to detail all new contact information and a new plan for visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential