• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i petition a business out of my neighborhood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Curious. Why do you think it would not be good idea for the OP to post a sign about his/herself?
Because I'm guessing it was not polite, might have mentioned the business in question, and be an eyesore.

"Business XYZ sez this iz an EYESOAR. Honk if you disagree." Hand painted in large red letters on an 8 x 4 sheet of plywood.

It does not improve the community and is designed to antagonize.

PayrollHRGuy

No, the OP wrote "...in fact i put up a sign to let people know im a nuisance..."

Expressing she put up a sign about herself being a nuisance.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
No, the OP wrote "...in fact i put up a sign to let people know im a nuisance..."

Expressing she put up a sign about herself being a nuisance.
And you think this is a good idea? Do you think that this is a constructive action, designed to mollify the business?

OP is also getting tickets for "subsequent nuisance", based on complaints the business has made against OP.

Many municipalities have specific rules about what sort of signage is allowed. I can't image any sign describing anything as a nuisance to be a positive addition to the neighborhood. I'm in an agricultural area. I see a lot of homemade signs. I also know there are rules. And sometimes town enforce them, like when my kid's dance teacher put up a banner on her storefront announcing registration. And sometimes the town tries but gets too much negative feedback - apparently some people get all happy inside when they drive by that abandoned trailer with "I<3 God" painted on it. (Personally I'd rather complain about the idiot who planted Montauk daisies all around a fire hydrant so that it's barely visible.)

The business OP is complaining about apparently does not like the view of OP's property, so OP should not be surprised by the next $500 ticket. OP would do better trying not to actively antagonize the new neighbor business.

PayrollHRGuy

No I think it is a stupid thing to do but I sort but I see no legal harm in putting up a sign on your own property advertising a crime you have already been found guilty of.

What I really thought was that you misread the post and thought the OP posted a sign about the business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">