• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I pursue past child support after child turns 18 in WA state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chameleon1357

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Can I pursue past child support after my daughter turns 18? And If I can, what would I need in paperwork in order to face the courts while proving my case that the deadbeat, alcoholic father is over $120,000 in debt for past child support? As I understand, the statute of limitations can be extended but I'm not sure of when I should act on this debt. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Can I pursue past child support after my daughter turns 18? And If I can, what would I need in paperwork in order to face the courts while proving my case that the deadbeat, alcoholic father is over $120,000 in debt for past child support? As I understand, the statute of limitations can be extended but I'm not sure of when I should act on this debt. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
What makes you think you'll be able to collect?

chameleon1357

Because I am collecting for past support now. Simply, I would like to know if "I can pursue PAST child support after my daughter turns 18". If you can't answer my question, then don't answer it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because I am collecting for past support now. Simply, I would like to know if "I can pursue PAST child support after my daughter turns 18". If you can't answer my question, then don't answer it.
Take your attitude to an attorney - they get paid to listen. :rolleyes:

single317dad

In its other thread it was (probably) a new belle sticking its nose into its new beau's business:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/other-real-estate-law-questions-11/quit-claims-deeds-pros-cons-606855.html

chameleon1357

Apparently, You can't get any advice from this forum. Hmmmm.....and I thought this was called "freeadvice.com"! Who knew it was called "Ol' timers give hateful remarks to newbies". :mad:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Apparently, You can't get any advice from this forum. Hmmmm.....and I thought this was called "freeadvice.com"! Who knew it was called "Ol' timers give hateful remarks to newbies". :mad:
Who knew it was slimy newbies decide to be ignorant twits when wanting help? Oh ... yeah.. you missed this. Here is your freeadvice: don't be stupid and quit being rude, obnoxious and thinking you are a special snowflake. You aren't. You will be found in a puddle just like the rest when summer comes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">