• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I quit my job while on SDI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whatsername28

I live in California. I was employed through my work from September 2015 - July 2018. Contracted under UFCW 8-Golden State union. I quit and went back for rehire in September of 2018 to present. I lost all my vacation and sick leave when i left in July. They had me fill out a form to try and get my vacation and such back but i never heard from them at all after that. I found out i was pregnant in December 2018. Fast forward to April 2019, my doctor had put me on light duty, with many doctors notes letting my work know i was not capable of doing thing like i used to until the end of my pregnancy. My work then informed me that they could no longer accomadate my medical needs. So they signed me out of work with no pay at the end of april. I went to my doctor and explained what was happening and she gave me to okay to sign up for disability, she ran papers as well as i. I got approved for SDI and have been on it since. My baby is just about due any day now. Im on medi-cal so my medical is not paid through my job. My question for any that can help is, can i quit while on SDI or do i have to go back legally? If i quit do i have to pay my SDI back? Im not wanting to go back to work at all. Stay at home mom is what my fiance and i want. If i have to go back do you know for how long? Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">