• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I refile?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? New York

I have a question. I have recently filed for divorce from my US citizen husband.. unfortunately my case was still pending and I never was able to adjust my status in this country. I wondered after being separeted from him for almost a year and half.. can I get write to INS and have the case cancelled and then re-marry my current boyfriend and re-file as him my new sponsor? Will INS allow me to do that?? and If i have the previous case cancelled, what will be their immediate response?? Deportation????
I hope someone can give me some direction.. because i'm at the end of the road and don't know what else to do...
Thank you..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential