• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I stay in my home when my grandmother passes. I took care of her for 11 yrs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? New Hampshire. I've been with my grandmother for 11years and I helped take care of my grandfather also. She is now showing signs of aging and I want to know what recourse I have about being able to stay in this house when she passes? I think its suppose to go up for sale? I don't have the means to by it, but I could keep it up if I'm able to stay. What can I do? I didn't take care of her to keep the house, but I'm also in not financial shape to go out and by myself a plce at this time in my life. Please advice me on what I can do?



Have you discussed this matter with your gm ? if you havn't then you should. If it is her wish that the house belong to you once she has passed then she could go ahead with the paper work now and save you problems later. it could be as simple as signing the deed to you in the event of her death. Kathie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential