• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I still have Rental Income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bowdoctor

MICHIGAN

I will be starting to apply for Social Security Disability soon. I live with a friend so they can help me out, and I have a rental with a income of $800.00 a month.

Will Social Security force me to sell my rental, or can I keep the $800.00 a month income to help pay off my huge debits. And still receive the full SSD payment?

I am still working, but it is getting very hard to do my job of 22+ years of sales in retail after a back injury at younger years. Lifting anything over 10# is very hard, looking up, climbing up ladders, stooping, crouching, bending, reaching, sitting, and standing for long periods. I have a rental ready to rent for $800 a month, and work 35-37 hours a week at $9.35 hr. I have had a bad spine for over 25 years, no surgeries...yet! I have weakness in my left arm and leg. Findings are: There is diffuse moderate to sever disc space narrowing at each level from C2 to C7 with associated spondylotic spurring. The uncovertebral joint spurring bilaterally causing moderate forminal stenosis at each level from C3 to C5. Diffuse moderate degenerative disc disease throughout the cervical spine. Thers is a loss of normal disk signal and disk height at L5-S1 secondary to degenerative disk dessication. Left central disk herniation at L5-S1 affecting the ventral thecal sac. L4-L5 there is concentric annular tear with mild degree of a centraldisk herniation. L2-L3 is a mild degree of degeneration. IMPRESSION: Spondyloic degeneration disk dessicaton at L4-L5 and severe degree at L5-S1 with significant diminished disk height at l5-S1. L4-L5 mild spinal stenosis. L2-L3 canal stenosis and thecal sac compression.

Any thoughts would help.

BL

Bowdoctor said:
MICHIGAN

I will be starting to apply for Social Security Disability soon. I live with a friend so they can help me out, and I have a rental with a income of $800.00 a month.

Will Social Security force me to sell my rental, or can I keep the $800.00 a month income to help pay off my huge debits. And still receive the full SSD payment?

I am still working, but it is getting very hard to do my job of 22+ years of sales in retail after a back injury at younger years. Lifting anything over 10# is very hard, looking up, climbing up ladders, stooping, crouching, bending, reaching, sitting, and standing for long periods. I have a rental ready to rent for $800 a month, and work 35-37 hours a week at $9.35 hr. I have had a bad spine for over 25 years, no surgeries...yet! I have weakness in my left arm and leg. Findings are: There is diffuse moderate to sever disc space narrowing at each level from C2 to C7 with associated spondylotic spurring. The uncovertebral joint spurring bilaterally causing moderate forminal stenosis at each level from C3 to C5. Diffuse moderate degenerative disc disease throughout the cervical spine. Thers is a loss of normal disk signal and disk height at L5-S1 secondary to degenerative disk dessication. Left central disk herniation at L5-S1 affecting the ventral thecal sac. L4-L5 there is concentric annular tear with mild degree of a centraldisk herniation. L2-L3 is a mild degree of degeneration. IMPRESSION: Spondyloic degeneration disk dessicaton at L4-L5 and severe degree at L5-S1 with significant diminished disk height at l5-S1. L4-L5 mild spinal stenosis. L2-L3 canal stenosis and thecal sac compression.

Any thoughts would help.
My thought are IF you are approved and receive SSDI ( from ) work , that part will not be a factor .

If you receive SSI , and other benefits along with it , it could be a Factor .

I am not a Dr. SSA may or may not require you to see one of their own Dr's. for an Eval.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">