• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue a company providing courses mismatching syllnbus provided to us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xiaoyun

(it is in Berlin, but I really straggle with the problm)

It's about coding bootcamp that I joined, but later I quit in the middle for for reasons below:
- the actual course is not the same as described in the syllabus I received before sign in course.
- lead teacher are not very experienced and teaching assistances are just past students. (it's a €6000 course, so it is expected that we can get professional help)
- exaggerating description and untruth description online

I signed the agreement, which is very clear that in my situation I cannot get any refund, but there is another part is problematic. It is stated that 'students will be subject to immediate dismissal for possession and consumption of alcohol during training (while in fact everyone is drinking almost everyday, including teachers and managers during the training).

It is a 9 week course + 1 hiring week bootcamp, and I quit at the beginning of the 5th week. I felt like I was being cheated and got a very dishonest service. I don't know if getting a refund is possible in my case. If it isn't helpful, can I get any additional help, cause I feel really injustice and literally the company get €6000 by doing nothing.

Thank you very much
bobby

quincy

Sorry, Bobby, but FreeAdvice addresses US law questions only.

If you signed a contract, I suggest you have the contract personally reviewed by an attorney in your area to see where you stand legally.

Good luck.

Just Blue

(it is in Berlin, but I really straggle with the problm)

It's about coding bootcamp that I joined, but later I quit in the middle for for reasons below:
- the actual course is not the same as described in the syllabus I received before sign in course.
- lead teacher are not very experienced and teaching assistances are just past students. (it's a €6000 course, so it is expected that we can get professional help)
- exaggerating description and untruth description online

I signed the agreement, which is very clear that in my situation I cannot get any refund, but there is another part is problematic. It is stated that 'students will be subject to immediate dismissal for possession and consumption of alcohol during training (while in fact everyone is drinking almost everyday, including teachers and managers during the training).

It is a 9 week course + 1 hiring week bootcamp, and I quit at the beginning of the 5th week. I felt like I was being cheated and got a very dishonest service. I don't know if getting a refund is possible in my case. If it isn't helpful, can I get any additional help, cause I feel really injustice and literally the company get €6000 by doing nothing.

Thank you very much
bobby
Berlin... Maine? Germany?

Just Blue

Sorry, Bobby, but FreeAdvice addresses US law questions only.

If you signed a contract, I suggest you have the contract personally reviewed by an attorney in your area to see where you stand legally.

Good luck.
There are Berlins in the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">