• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Sue a Vet?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

Still want to know if there was any reason why the vet's office folk would think there was a possibility that this person was not going to be able to pay for the services rendered. Was there history there?

Just Blue

Still want to know if there was any reason why the vet's office folk would think there was a possibility that this person was not going to be able to pay for the services rendered. Was there history there?
My vet brings out the fur babies while I'm paying the bill. IME this is rather SOP.

quincy

There are all sorts of possibilities.

It could just be the vet office policy to have all pet owners pay first. Maybe bad experiences with non-payers lead to such policies although I can see where it might be easier for a pet owner to pay first so they don’t have to wrestle with a leash-tugging pet.

It could also be that the credit card machine was not operating properly and the credit card was at first declined.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There are all sorts of possibilities.

It could just be the vet office policy to have all pet owners pay first. Maybe bad experiences with non-payers lead to such policies although I can see where it might be easier for a pet owner to pay first so they don’t have to wrestle with a leash-tugging pet.

It could also be that the credit card machine was not operating properly and the credit card was at first declined.
Agreed - and I'd like to add the possibility that the OP's perception of things is distorted, which would be understandable. A person who's experiencing a ton of grief may believe that a short (5 minute delay) is a much longer period of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">