• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Comcast for running unauthorized credit check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? California
Comcast run an un-authorize credit check on me. It hurt my credit score a little and its very important as I have some plans which need good credit score.
I have contacted them and open a ticket.
At first the support agent accepted the mistake. Now Comcast want me to call the credit company and dispute it.
I have all the details of calls and chat with Comcast.
Thanks!

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? California
Comcast run an un-authorize credit check on me. It hurt my credit score a little and its very important as I have some plans which need good credit score.
I have contacted them and open a ticket.
At first the support agent accepted the mistake. Now Comcast want me to call the credit company and dispute it.
I have all the details of calls and chat with Comcast.
Thanks!
Why would Comcast run your credit? Did you ask for services?

Why would Comcast run your credit? Did you ask for services?
I was chatting with the support planning to add service. I specially mentioned I don't want to have credit check. And I agree to pay 100$ deposit as suggested by the representative. It was very clear, no confusion at all. But after sometime I got email that Comcast run an credit check. I contacted the support again and this time ask for the supervisor. The supervisor went through the chat history and accepted that it was by mistake from there side.

Why haven't you contacted the credit agency to dispute it?
That's what Comcast suggested today. I am eventually gonna do this..I already wasted 6/7 hours with Comcast for this issue. My point is, Its not my mistake, its the Comcast who messed up and they should clear the mess. There support was not honest and good too!

Just Blue

That's what Comcast suggested today. I am eventually gonna do this..I already wasted 6/7 hours with Comcast for this issue. My point is, Its not my mistake, its the Comcast who messed up and they should clear the mess. There support was not honest and good too!
How many points did you credit go down?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In essence, they have agreed not to respond, or even to respond in your favor, when the dispute is made at the credit agency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">