• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue DHL for a delayed package?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kd1998-22

Seattle
Hello guys. I ordered a package 2 weeks ago for a book that would help me study for my nursing exam. According to the “scheduled delivery” I should have received that package a full month before my exam. The day of delivery (Tuesday) I get a notice that they are unable to deliver the package to my apartment- something they did not inform me about beforehand. I then proceeded to give the address of a school friend who had ordered and received the same package. They had moved the delivery to the day after my scheduled delivery(Wednesday). 2 days later, (Thursday morning) and I have still not received the package. I give them a call and they said the package would be delivered by end of Thursday. Friday morning, I still have not received a package. I once again call them and they tell me that the package will be here at the end of Friday. When I later track my package, it says the package had moved to the following week Tuesday. So I give them a call, give me some reason about how the driver was “unable to deliver to the new address I gave”, but said they could give it on Tuesday? So I call them on Tuesday (a whole week after my scheduled delivery) and they said it would be here by the end of the day. Same bullshit, I wait all day and the package is still not delivered. I call them AGAIN on Wednesday, and they reassure me the package will be here by the end of Wednesday. Today is Thursday. And I call them AGAIN and they say the package will be here today. Now I have less than 3 weeks so study for a package I spent $70 on. And I still have no package. They will not give me a reasonable cause as to why they keep moving my date. Can I sue them for this? Please let me know.

PayrollHRGuy

While I don't have a copy of their agreement handy I'd bet dollars to donuts that other than the value of the product, up to a specific amount, the top of their liability would be the shipping cost. And there are likely a not insignificant number of exceptions to even that. Add in COVID issues and those exceptions increase.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Heck, the OP doesn't even have a contract with DHL. The shipper is the one who would have recourse against DHL (if any), not the OP. The OP should contact the seller and ask for a replacement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">