• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redlady

What is the name of your state? South carolina

my sister in law asked to borrow $2000. dollars to enter the country and agreed to come and work with me until she finished paying me back. i purchased her tickets and on the day of her arrival, i waited at the airport and she never arrived. after a couple of days I found out that she arrived in Texas and that she and her husband had planned this out. What can I do now to get my money back? Not only that but i felt sorry for her and i signed an Affidavit of support for her and her son, how can I retrieve this when she's not even staying with me?

justalayman

sure you can sue her but suing across the country as you would have to can get expensive. It may not be worth the costs.

As well, does she have the financial means to actually pay you? If not, collecting onthe judgement can be very difficult.

As to signing for her entrance, contact the agency the form was for and let them know that your situation has changed and your affidavit is no longer correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">