• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue if I contract an STD?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rab

I just found out that my girlfriend has genital herpes. She has known that she was infected since 1994. She did not tell me that she was infected. If I contract the disease do I have any recourse? I live in Florida.

[This message has been edited by rab (edited July 24, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rab:
I just found out that my girlfriend has genital herpes. She has known that she was infected since 1994. She did not tell me that she was infected. If I contract the disease do I have any recourse? I live in Florida.

[This message has been edited by rab (edited July 24, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you have recourse due to intercourse because of nondisclosure by your girlfriend of her pre-existing condition. Had she disclosed the material fact, you would have had several options: refrain from sex, use a condom or take your chances. She is at least responsible for your medical treatment. From now on practice safe sex. And tell her from now on, whatever comes up, be open about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">