• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Kohl's Corp for lie and misleading Information they gave me that hurt my credit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Naseralemi12

What is the name of your state?California
I live in California. Yesterday in a kohls store the cashier insisted that i should apply for a Kohl's charge card (like a credit card) and they will give me 30% discount and there will be no hard inquiry on my credit report and he swore that it will be just a soft inquiry and it won't hurt my credit at all. I told him many times that i don't need this card if it will add a hard inquiry to my credit. He said no there won't be any hard inquiries to your credit report at all. I got a hard inquiry alert to my ecperian credit report when i got home and I'm really upset about it. I called them but they just didn't take responsibility for saying of thier cashier and apologized for what happened to me. I was lied to and was given misleading information.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You sound as if you're pretty savvy to this whole credit thing. I don't believe that you didn't know that a credit check for extension of credit would be considered a hard inquiry. No, you don't have any cause to sue Kohl's.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One other thing that I just thought about: The application that the OP signed would have included the information about the credit inquiry and the fact that the OP agreed to it (and, yes, the signature on the little pad counts.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">